Asbestos is a harmful fiber and naturally occurring mineral
Asbestos has a long history of human use, dating back to the Greeks. Asbestos has physical properties that make it useful for sound absorption, tensile strength, and resistance to fire, heat, and electricity. This is why asbestos was widely used during the 20th century in insulation, electrical conduit, ceiling and floor tiles, and many other building materials. If your home or commercial property was built before 1980, there is a much greater risk it has materials containing asbestos.
Building materials that can contain asbestos:
- Drywall, plaster
- Floor and ceiling tiles, sheeting, adhesives
- Roofing tars, felts, siding, and shingles
- Transite HVAC ducts
- Fireproofing, fire blankets, interior fire doors
- Industrial gaskets
- Insulation, vermiculite insulation
- And more …
EPA studies have shown that exposure to asbestos may increase your risk of Lung cancer, Mesothelioma, and Asbestosis.
When you should test for asbestos:
- If you have or are renovating, remodeling, demolishing, or adding an addition to an existing building, because you could be disturbing asbestos containing materials
- If your home or commercial property was built before 1980, there is a much greater risk it has materials containing asbestos
- If you are buying or selling a home or commercial property
Asbestos Testing Services
We offer professional, certified, accurate, and fast asbestos testing with complete asbestos analysis reports for: Homes, Commercial properties, Apartment buildings, Daycare facilities, Nursing homes, Retirement communities, and Small businesses.
For commercial asbestos testing services, please visit our commercial testing page for more information or speak with one of our commercial testing experts today!
Our certified asbestos testing services include:
- Residential and commercial asbestos testing
- Fast asbestos test results
- Licensed Michigan Asbestos Building Inspectors
- Certified lab analysis by highly trained professionals
- Detailed asbestos reports confirm whether tested indoor air or materials contain asbestos and at what percentage
Asbestos Inspection Services
Comprehensive asbestos inspection services available. Our professional asbestos inspectors provide a full home or business inspection to look for potentially asbestos containing materials. Since our practice is strictly focused on inspections and environmental testing – and never remediation – you’re assured of accurate and unbiased results and assessments.
A licensed and experienced AES asbestos inspector will:
- Identify, assess, and determine if and where potentially asbestos containing materials are located in your home or commercial building
- Determine if the health of your family is potentially at risk
- Recommend effective ways to remediate potential asbestos sources
- Provide a comprehensive report on all findings
Combine an Asbestos Inspection with Asbestos Testing
Receive a 10% discount when combining both services!
Contact us to speak with one of our professionals to learn more about all of our services, and get a
FREE quote today!