Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) Testing
In the modern world we are unknowingly surrounded by millions of potentially harmful chemicals. These chemicals are called volatile organic compounds or VOCs.
VOCs are a large group of chemicals that are found in many products we use to build and maintain our buildings such as:
- Paints, varnishes, caulks, adhesives
- Carpet, wood laminate, vinyl flooring
- Upholstery and foam
- Air fresheners, cleaning products
- Fuel oil, gasoline
- Smoking byproducts
Once these products containing VOC chemicals are in our homes and businesses, the VOCs are released into the indoor air we breathe. They may or may not be able to be smelled. Elevated VOC levels are frequently found in many homes and businesses across the country. Common VOCs include formaldehyde and benzene.
Exposure to VOCs polluting indoor air is known to cause:
- Nervous system, liver, and kidney damage
- Severe eye, nose, and throat irritation
- Debilitating headaches
When you should test for VOCs:
- If you have unexplained health issues, such as allergies, nausea, headaches, fatigue, shortness of breath, respiratory issues, and skin and eye irritations
- If you have or are renovating, remodeling, or adding an addition to an existing building, because these new building materials may contain harmful VOCs
- If you are buying or selling a home or commercial property
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) Testing Services
We offer professional, certified, accurate, and fast VOC testing with complete VOC analysis reports for: Homes, Commercial properties, Apartment buildings, Daycare facilities, Nursing homes, Retirement communities, and Small businesses
For commercial VOC testing services, please visit our commercial testing page for more information or speak with one of our commercial testing experts today!
Our certified VOC testing services include:
- Residential and commercial VOC testing
- Fast VOC test results
- Certified lab analysis by highly trained professionals
- Detailed VOC reports analyze the types and levels of VOCs detected in the indoor air
- We can help determine likely sources of harmful VOCs in your home or business and how to best reduce harmful VOC levels
Contact us to speak with one of our professionals to learn more about all of our services, and get a
FREE quote today!