Solar power is the smart investment choice for any home or business.
Not only is it a clean renewable source of energy, but installing solar panels is guaranteed to save your money and increase the value of your property.
Save money and increase your property value
- 26% federal tax credit available for residential & commercial solar installations until December 31, 2022
- Solar power can significantly reduce electricity bills. Moreover, there are many tax incentives and rebate programs designed to spur the use of solar, and save homeowners money at the same time.
- With electrical bill savings, solar pays for itself in only a few years.
- While the cost of solar has plummeted, the cost of grid electricity has gradually risen, which has resulted in most homeowners seeing payback periods and a full return on their investment between seven and nine years in 2019.
- Solar power systems are exempt from property taxes in Michigan and can increase the value of your home more than a complete kitchen remodel. However, you can also choose to take your solar panels with you when you move.
- Solar panels are virtually maintenance free since the systems require no regular service and will last for years. Once solar panels are installed there are no recurring costs.
- The cost of solar panels has dropped by 80% since 2008.
- The biggest installers typically don’t offer the best prices. The “bigger isn’t always better” mantra is one of the main reasons it is strongly encouraged that homeowners consider smaller local solar installation options, not just the brands large enough to pay for the most advertising. A recent report by the U.S. government found that large installers are $2,000 to $5,000 more expensive than small solar companies.
Reduce your carbon footprint the clean and easy way
- A household rooftop solar panel system can reduce pollution by 100 tons of carbon dioxide in its lifetime, and this includes the energy it took to manufacture the solar panels.
- Solar power is pollution free. It has no moving parts, and does not require any additional fuel, other than sunlight, to produce power.
- Solar panels improve future air quality for humans as well as the millions of birds, fish, and mammals that are negatively affected by pollution each year.
- Solar panels don’t need direct sunlight to produce electricity.
- Solar power itself is a free source of energy. Once you’ve installed photovoltaic (PV) panels on your home, maintenance is minimal and returns are high.
- Burlington, Vermont, was the first city in America to achieve 100% sustainable energy production for its people.
- In 2016, there was one new solar panel installation every 84 seconds.
- Solar is the fastest growing energy resource in the world.